Almost everyone is plagued with stress today. High stress is the cause of early death and can wreak a havoc on your immune system
- Breathe deeply and focus on the gap between your breaths. This is a neat mediation trick to help you get back in the present and quietens your mind down. The problem is that we are either thinking about the past or the future which leads to regret, distress and anxiety. If we managed to focus on just the moment we are i, it will help us reduce our stress tremendously.
- Practise gratitude. Take a moment and be thankful for every opportunity, relationship, blessing that you have in your life. It helps to change your perspective.
- Change your posture to feel better. If you are angry, depressed or frustrated, just sit up and smile. It might feel ridiculous but just the act of smiling will make you feel better.
- Go for a walk if you are feeling stuck. Moving your body helps to release endorphins which will in turn lift up your mood. Even if you jumped around for a few minutes, it will help you reduce stress.
- Treat yourself to a snack or a massage or whatever helps you feel a little taken care of. The key is to be mindful and not over indulge if you are eating and enjoy yourself.