A lot of people have trouble falling asleep even after a long, stressful day. And there is nothing worst than spending the night tossing and turning when you have a busy day ahead.
We have listed out a few tips below that will help you unwind before bed so that you can sleep well-
- Avoid caffeine and sugar after 2 pm.
- Turn off your tv and all electronics at least two hours before bed. The blue glow from your screen turns off melatonin (sleep inducing hormone) and increases cortisol (stress hormone) which causes anxiety.
- Create a restful environment. Clean sheets, dark room and peaceful music can help you relax.
- A short walk after dinner followed by a warm shower will help you unwind and regulate digestion.
- Try to go to bed around the same time every day. This helps regulate your sleep cycle.
- A cup of chamomile tea is both delicious and a mild type of tranquillizer that will lull you to sleep.
- Reading a few chapters before bed will help you slow down.