Have a tough time waking up early? If you would like to improve your health, increase productivity and happiness then its imperative that you start waking up at least by 6 am. Here are a few tips to help you become a morning person:
- Go to bed early. This is is the first and most important step to ensure you wake up early, well rested and with a minimum 7 hours of sleep. Have an early dinner, switch off all technology at least an hour before you go to bed, put on some calming music and set your alarm for the next morning.
- Drink a large glass of water as soon as you wake up.
- Open your windows and soak up some natural light. This helps your body wake up naturally and centres you.
- Do not look at your phone and instead meditate for 10 minutes to set your intention for the day.
- Have your workout clothes ready the night before. This helps you win half the battle in a actually squeezing in a workout before you change your mind.
- Fix yourself a great breakfast. If you are a coffee fiend like me, brew a fresh cup to savour slowly in the quiet of the morning.