- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ¼ cup wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp ginger
- ½ tsp cloves
- 2 cups pumpkin puree (you can use canned fresh. Just roast pumpkins and puree it in the food processor afterwards)
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- For the topping:
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup Sustenance fig walnut granola
1. Pre-heat oven to 175°C.
2. In a bigbowl, whisk the pumpkins puree with the eggs, brown sugar and coconut oil.
3.In another bowl, sift together flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices.
4. In a small container, mix together the milk with lemon juice and keep aside.
5. Mix in half of the flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture and add the milk.
6. Mix until its smooth and mix in the rest of flour mixture.
7. Line 12 muffins cups with parchment paper liners and fill them with the muffin mixture.
8. In a bowl, mix together topping ingredients and sprinkle on each muffin.
9. Bake for 45 minutes and let cool down before eating.